Under general supervision, functions as a lead worker in the data control process to instruct, advise and check the work of other clerks involved in data processing.
1. Provides guidance and training to clerks involved in the input and output of data. Distributes work and checks the accuracy of work completed.
2. Oversees operations in the absence of the supervisor.
3. Researches data to respond to a variety of inquiries and to resolve problems.
4. Monitors supply levels and initiates orders.
5. Performs all of the duties of a Data Control Clerk.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Two and one half years in data entry/data control activities.
General knowledge of data control operations. Ability to recognize and correct clerical errors; to perform simple mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately; to instruct others in data control work.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: