Under general supervision, supervises a specialized work group and performs a variety of retail sales store merchandising, clerical and customer service duties requiring technical knowledge of products and salesmanship which are not normally acquired through brief sales training or through reading the instruction books provided by themanufacturers of products.
1. Supervises a specialized group of clerical employees to ensure that proper merchandise and amount are ordered; trains personnel, determines work priorities and reviews work; prepares procurement documentation; and interacts with vendors.
2. Conducts physical inventory of merchandise and informs manager of inventory status.
3. Acts as an Assistant Buyer and supports manager with selection and quantity of merchandise; determines pricing; recommends promotions, sales and markdowns.
4. Receives incoming shipments and returns merchandise to vendors; verifies accuracy and condition of orders; prepares necessary paperwork; prices and stocks merchandise; performs data entry duties.
5. Assists customers with special orders and catalog orders; responds to inquiries and complaints; directs customers to merchandise and provides assistance in the selection of merchandise; and provides price trends and product information.
6. Performs routine maintenance such as cleaning and/or dusting of facility, fixtures, and merchandise; organizes and restocks merchandise.
7. Operates photocopiers, cash registers, calculators, pricing equipment, FAX machine, personal copies, computers and other office equipment.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Three years related work experience.
Thorough knowledge of retail sales operations and mechandising practices and procedures. Skill in the use of computer keyboards, calculators and cash registers. Ability to make arithmetic computations; to communicate and interact effectively with customers,campus community, vendors, and employees; to stand and walk for extensive periods; to lift, transport, and stock merchandise weighing up to 50 lbs; to supervise and train merchandising personnel.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.