Under direct supervision, provides routine technical and logistical support services to a media service unit and operates equipment.
1. Prepares and operates a variety of multimedia equipment such as projection equipment, sound equipment, audio and video tape recorders and media distribution systems.
2. Ensures the operational readiness of multimedia equipment; troubleshoots and repairs minor problems, performs preventive maintenance, reports major problems to immediate supervisior.
3. Responds to routine requests and inquiries on equipment availability and capabilities; instructs others on use of equipment. Transports and sets up equipment as necessary.
4. Ensures adequate supplies, materials and equipment are maintained.
5. Assists in production of multimedia programs following specific instructions; performs editing and dubbing of recordings.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE: Two years in the operation of audio-visual or multimedia equipment.
Working knowledge of the operation and rountine maintenance of multimedia equipment. Ability to operate multimedia equipment; to use electronic testing, hand and power tools; to perform extensive standing and walking; to lift and carry multimedia and testingequipment; to use personal computers; to communicate effectively; to follow oral and written instructions.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Valid Maryland Non-commerical Class C or equivalent driver's license may be required.