Under direct Supervision, manages the daily operations of the test center. Ensures that various policies are complied with, including university, college board and other agencies.
1. Ensuring a proper testing environment for the appropriate administration of exams
2. Assisting students with correct sign in and reservation procedure for each testing agency
3. Administering computer-based College Board, Prometric, and Pearson VUE exams as well as a variety of other exams
4. Verifying test candidates' identification and monitoring test takers during exam sessions
5. Following proper reporting guidelines
6. Participating in on-going test administrator training and completing necessary certifications
7. Managing the scheduling of exams and the use of statistical reporting applications
8. Managing computer lab and equipment use
9. Participating in marketing outreach events and promoting individual programs to targeted populations
10. Proctoring exams for other schools on a space available basis
11. Process and archive exam payments and sitting fees
12. Effectively navigate troubleshooting procedures for each test sponsor in case of software malfunction
13. Maintaining cleanliness of testing area and stations
14. Performing other related duties as assigned
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year experience proctoring or coordinating a testing environment.
Be available to work evenings, weekends, and travel to another NTC site as needed. Interest in education and training, strong oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills are required. Applicant must be able to handle difficult situations with professionalism and tact. Knowledge of databases and spreadsheets is recommended. Adherence to professional dress standards and customer service skills are required. Successful applicants must be able to pass background check, and meet requirements for individual logistic support (ILS).
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: