Under general supervision, provides moderately complex administrative support to an individual, office, department or program. Work requires thorough knowledge of the organization and programs where assigned and involves moderate participation in the work of the supervisor. Incumbents have responsibility for office operations and function independently, where procedures have been established with moderate consequence of error.
1. Edits, formats, and revises a variety of documents and materials created by others. Proofreads for grammatical, typographical and basic content errors.
2. Composes responses to routine inquiries in accordance to general instructions.
3. Develops, implements, and maintains paper and electronic filing systems which meet department needs and satisfy requirements for retention and information security. Enters, updates, and retrieves information as needed.
4. Screens telephone calls and visitors, independently handles routine matters, and forwards remainder to appropriate parties.
5. Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments. Prepares background and support materials following general instructions. May attend meetings and provide minutes.
6. Makes travel arrangements following general instructions and campus procedures. Performs necessary follow-up for vouchers, expense reports, and reimbursements.
7. Gathers and consolidates background information for reports, utilizing available resources such as departmental files, policy and procedure documents, Internet research, and communication with internal and external contacts.
8. Orders supplies and equipment. Oversees equipment maintenance. May assist with department budget, updating department accounts, and creating routine reports.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE: 2 years experience providing administrative support.
OTHER: Applicants may be required to complete the institutionâ??s required skills assessment to be considered. Some positions require specific skills such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, email or calendaring software, and Internet proficiency.
General knowledge of and skill in the practical application of generally accepted office practices and procedures. Ability to communicate effective both orally and in writing.Ability to proofread and edit written documents. Skill in various computer software packages, such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation programs, Internet, email and calendaring software. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to interact effectively with internal and external parties in a courteous and efficient manner. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple and continuing assignments with general instructions.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: