Under general supervision, performs activities pertaining to the receipt, storage, issue and maintenance of athletic clothing and equipment.
1. Conducts physical inventory to ensure that adequate supplies, materials and equipment are maintained in department.
2. Prepares equipment for athletic events and programs; sets up equipment for specified activities.
3. Prepares athletic clothing for various athletic events and practices.
4. Initiates and/or prepares documentation related to purchase transactions; manages the ordering process.
5. Receives, distributes, cleans, repairs, maintains, sets up, loads for transit and unloads upon return clothing and equipment.
6. Operates laundry and dry cleaning equipment.
7. Prepares and updates logs and reports reflecting distribution, inventory, and maintenance activities.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School or GED
EXPERIENCE: Three years in receiving, storing, issuing, laundering, cleaning, and repairing sports equipment and clothing.
General knowledge of care and use of athletic equipment and clothing; knowledge of the methods of warehousing athletic equipment and clothing; ability to repair sports equipment and clothing; ability to operate laundry and dry cleaning equipment and to use hand tools; ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions; ability to lift, move, assemble and install large sports equipment.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: