Under general supervision, performs routine technical work to support the budget formulation, implementation and adjustment functions.
1. Assists in monitoring and preparing budgets and related amendments by reviewing departmental budget transfers, maintaining accurate records of budgetary transactions and expenditures, and collecting data to prepare budget reports.
2. Insures approved budgetary transactions are accurately processed and updates manual and automated files and recordkeeping systems.
3. Responds to routine inquiries in the areas of budget preparation and budget administration policies and procedures.
4. Compiles charts and tables of revenue and expenses to show current budget status.
5. Computes ratios and percentages and tabulates statistical data.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Four years clerical experience to include two years in budgeting or accounting work.
General knowledge of bookkeeping practices and basic computer software used in accounting or budget work. Skill in performing basic mathematical computations; in the use of calculators. Ability to operate a personal computer and related software; to examine andensure accuracy of budgetary transactions; to communicate effectively; to use manual and automated office equipment.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: