Under general supervision, supervises a large group of housekeepers or coordinates the work of Housekeeping Supervisors I in housekeeping operations to ensure cleanliness, orderliness, and attractive conditions of building interiors. May be required to move furniture and equipment.
1. Supervises and coordinates cleaning activities ensuring housekeeping quality standards are maintained. Determines work priorities, plans, schedules, assigns and inspects work. Trains and evaluates assigned personnel.
2. Reviews and evaluates housekeeping and custodial programs and provides advice to management regarding policies.
3. Supervises cleaning activities in assigned areas including washing furnishings, windows, tile, fixtures, equipment and floors; vacuuming, dusting and polishing specified areas and/or furnishings; sanitizing and disinfecting bathroom areas.
4. Supervises the removal and transport of refuse from assigned areas to appropriate disposal location.
5. Ensures adequate supplies, materials and equipment are maintained in department; initiates and/or prepares all documentation related to purchase transactions, selects vendors, manages the ordering process.
6. Performs and demonstrates procedures for mixing cleaning solutions according to specifications. Loads and transports service cart with required materials and supplies to designated areas.
7. Performs housekeeper duties as required.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EXPERIENCE: Four years in housekeeping in a lead or supervisory capacity.
Thorough knowledge of the procedures, equipment and supplies used in housekeeping. Skill in the use and maintenance of housekeeping tools and equipment; in the selection and application of housekeeping chemicals and supplies; in providing guidance and training to others; in overseeing a large housekeeping unit; in selecting applicants for employment. Ability to plan and supervise the work of assigned housekeeping personnel; to estimate supply and equipment needs; to read, write, and perform arithmetic calculations; to operate assigned tools and housekeeping equipment; to work with chemicals and cleaningsolutions; to understand and follow oral and written instructions; to lift and transport supplies and refuse; to wear and work in personal protective equipment.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.