Under direct supervision, learns to design, code, test, debug and document programs. Maintains simple programs within the applicable environment. Receives training and assistance in interpreting detailed specifications and standards from which programs are written.
1. Receives training & assistance in interpreting program specifications such as detailed flowcharts, pseudo code, and programming diagrams; illustrating sequence of steps programs must follow; defining input, output, & logical operations involved.
2. Assists in converting and coding detailed logical flowcharts into language processable by computer.
3. Creates and maintains simple programs based on the design specifications of others.
4. Tests and assists in correcting program errors.
5. Assists in the development and maintenance of client, system, and operations documentation.
6. Assists in developing instructional materials for client training sessions.
7. Assists other staff with responding to inquiries and requests from clients.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Six months related experience.
Ability to program in at least one programming language; to operate applicable computer input devices and peripherals; to communicate effectively with clients.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: