Under general supervision, performs repairs and maintenance of bowling lanes, automatic pinsetting and other equipment. Leads and trains assigned personnel.
1. Adjusts and repairs automatic pinsetting and related bowling equipment. Maintains and repairs bowling lanes.
2. Tests relays, solenoids, transformers, electric motors and wiring for defects. Disassembles, replaces and repairs mechanical and electrical components or parts such as bearings, coils, armatures and wiring.
3. Performs preventive maintenance on equipment. Cleans and lubricates assemblies and replaces hardware such as belts, pulleys, gears, motors, and other components.
4. Maintains inventory records; orders supplies and materials.
5. Operates hand and power tools and general testing equipment including continuity testers, ammeters, and voltmeters.
6. Provides guidance and instruction to assigned personnel.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EXPERIENCE: Three years in preventive maintenance and repair work on automated bowling equipment.
General knowledge of and skill in the repair and maintenance of automated bowling equipment systems. General knowledge of related OSHA regulations and safety practices; of carpentry. Skill in the practical application of electronics, mechanics, and hydraulics; in the use and maintenance of tools and equipment of the trade. Ability to read and write; to understand and follow oral and written instructions; to communicate effectively; to wear and work in personal protective equipment; to work in, on, around, over and under fixed equipment and machinery; to manipulate heavy equipment, tools, andsupplies and/or exert force up to 70 lbs.; to concurrently manipulate multiple controls on machinery and equipment; to work from ladders; to work in hazardous or irritating environments and confined spaces.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.