Under general supervision, functions as senior team member of an institutionally defined, self-directed team providing general tutoring duties to students. Work involves a small variety of specialized tasks consistent with a clearly defined environment and objectives.
1. Lead trainer for writing advisors; assists them in developing their response skills, and monitors interactions with students/customers
2. Provide synchronous and/or asynchronous writing advice to students (e.g. Composition, rhetoric, writing pedagogy)
3. Handle responding to short questions form students and generating weekly usage reports
4. Ensure all interactions with customers is professional, cordial and timely
5. Assists in the development of team/department goals
6. Assists in the communication of issues across the team/department
7. Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years experience and/or training as a writing tutor or two years experience as a writing teacher.
Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills. Strong writer with training/background in online writing center operations or online teaching
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: