Under general supervision, produces complex documents which involve the use of mathematical and scientific symbols including multi-level equations requiring the use of multi-fonts using automated input and output equipment and related ancillary devices.
1. Prepares complex scientific documents such as technical proposals, lab manuals and manuscripts involving greek/math and scientific symbols and equations from handwritten copy, rough drafts, or machine transcription.
2. Prioritizes and schedules work ensuring accuracy and speed in completion.
3. Makes changes in original documents such as reformatting and integrating other forms of media. Edits source documents and proofreads typed documents noting format, grammar, completeness, and typographical errors.
4. Merges text and files information.
5. Codes, classifies, files, retrieves and maintains materials in manual and automated filing systems. Prepares and maintains production control logs.
6. Operates office equipment such as personal computers, word processors, photocopiers, machine transcription and dictation equipment.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE: Three years related work experience to include at least one year involving scientific and mathematical formulae, symbols and equations.
OTHER: Applicants may be required to complete the institution's required skills assessment to be considered. Some positions require specific skills such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, email or calendaring software, and Internet proficiency.
Thorough knowledge of business english, grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, proofreading, document formatting and editing; of office practices and procedures. General knowledge of scientific and mathematical terminology, formulae, symbols, and equations; of the care and operation of word processing equipment andrelated ancillary devices. Skill in the use of one or more word processing software packages; in operating maunal and automated office equipment; in preparing mathematical and scientific documents using automated equipment and software. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to independently produce complex documents; to follow complex oral and written instructions; to maintain effective work relationships.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: