Under general supervision, functions as a supervisor responsible for operation of a major copy center.
1. Supervises and trains high speed copier operators and other subordinate personnel; determines work priorities, plans, schedules, assigns and reviews work.
2. Coordinates the completion of jobs throughout the production process. Recommends appropriate techniques to increase quality and effectiveness of jobs and provides technical supervision.
3. Initiates and prepares various reports, requisitions, and documentation related to supplies, inventory and waste disposal. Maintains records of production activities and provides production cost estimates.
4. Oversees the operational readiness and safety of equipment. Cleans, adjusts and performs routine repairs and maintenance of equipment as needed.
5. Responds to customer service inquiries and requests.
6. Operates multifunctional high speed copiers and related equipment. Performs material handling activities such as moving supplies and cases of paper, assisting in loading and unloading copiers and stocking shelves.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Four years progressively responsible experience in a copy center or print services unit which involved the operation of multifunctional high speed copiers and related equipment.
General knowlege of and skill in the the operation and maintenance of multifunctional high speed copiers and related equipment. General knowledge of paper weights and reactions to duplicating processes; of the layout of materials for duplicating and publication. Elementary knowledge of office practices and procedures. Skill in setting up and operating high speed copiers to meet complex job specifications. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to supervise and train assigned personnel; to plan and supervise copy center operations; to lift, transport and stock copier supplies, paper, and related equipment; to maintain effective working relationships with others; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to follow oral and written instructions; to perceive the normal color spectrum; to wear and work in personal protective equipment.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.