Under direct supervision, receives and reviews input and output data for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to established state, federal and institutional policies governing financial aid.
1. Receives and reviews enrollment scenarios to determine if a Return to Title IV Funds calculation, post withdrawal disbursement or loss of financial aid eligibility is required
2. Maintain and create computerized reports, merge and evaluate data from multiple sources, change award amounts, maintain statistical data, and generate communications to students
3. Maintain current knowledge of federal Title IV regulations, state rules and institutional policies pertaining to financial aid and identify ongoing improvements/automation for the financial aid process.
4. Counsel and advise students, parents, and institutional staff on the impact of changes in enrollment, financial aid eligibility and balances due to the university
5. Evaluate origination, disbursement and final reconciliation errors and discrepancies within the Direct Loan program, Pell Grant program, and Alternative Loan program and resolve them accurately. Review complex errors and assist other units within the Financial Aid office with feasible solutions to student issues.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree
EXPERIENCE: Three to four years of professional experience in higher eduction, banking, accounting, business or customer service.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated experience with computerized office systems including but not limited to; Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple administrative tasks with minimal oversight. Demonstrated experience providing customer service in a timely an and proficient manner.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: