Under general supervision, performs specialized duties to control the flow of information systems production to ensure application and system efficiency.
1. Develops, maintains and monitors production run schedules to ensure application and system efficiency using automated scheduling tools and languages.
2. Provides production run instructions to computer operations. Submits runs and/or run parameters to the computer system.
3. Distributes production output as required using automated output distribution software to facilitate distribution.
4. Reviews application run instructions, recovery instructions and other applications operational documentation for accuracy, completeness and compliance with standards.
5. Develops procedures for media libraries including tape, special forms, and documentation. Catalogues and archives data processing media.
6. Reviews production systems for compliance with standards and coordinates the turnover of systems from development to production.
7. Assists in job recovery by communicating with users, programmers, operators and other DP personnel.
8. Functions as a liaison between users and vendors for services such as data entry and microfiche. Assists with developing, reviewing and complying with service contracts. Verifies and maintains records of vendor supplied services.
9. Assists in the development of standards and procedures for production control.
10. Evaluates completed output and performs other quality assurance procedures.
11. Operates computer and other peripheral equipment.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Four years in computer operations, production control, or related work.
General knowledge of and skill in the operation of computer consoles, on-line terminals and peripheral equipment. Working knowledge of data processing job control usage/language; of production control functions and software. Ability to lift and transport computer supplies and equipment; to analyze problems and select corrective action; to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.