Under general supervision, supervises the work of data entry operators on an assigned shift.
1. Supervises the day-to-day operations of an assigned shift of data entry operators. Supervises and trains personnel; determines work priorities; assigns and reviews work; evaluates performance.
2. Reviews documents and materials for input to determine appropriate staffing and equipment needs. Recommends special adaptation of equipment to accomodate processing requirements.
3. Evaluates and recommends changes to procedures for processing and recording source documents to effectively utilize available resources.
4. Ensures accuracy of data by checking and balancing data against source documents.
5. Ensures that data entry devices and related equipment are cleaned and maintained in good condition.
6. Assists supervisor in preparing a variety of reports relating to departmental operations.
7. Researches and resolves related operational problems.
8. Performs all of the duties of a Data Entry Operator Lead.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Three years in the operation of electronic keyboards or other data entry devices.
Thorough knowledge of the functions and capacities of data processing equipment. Skill in the operation of keyboards or other data entry devices. Ability to train and supervise data entry operators in the use of data entry equipment.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: