Under general supervision, supervises the daily operations of a book store department which may include merchandise selection, order processing, marketing and personnel supervision. Provides full technical advice to management concerning merchandising items within area of responsibility.
1. Oversees daily operations of bookstore department within established institution and store policies and guidelines.
2. Supervises and trains subordinate personnel; determines work priorities, plans, schedules, assigns and reviews work.
3. Performs analysis of sales trends, analyses of gross margin and payroll performance. Makes operational decisions regarding margins for inventory levels, shrinkage controls, and marketing.
4. Executes proper procedures concerning timely and accurate paperwork flow.
5. Performs merchandising and customer service activities.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Four years related work experience.
Thorough knowledge of retail sales operations and mechandising practices and procedures. Skill in the use of computer keyboards, calculators and cash registers. Ability to make arithmetic computations; to communicate and interact effectively with customers,campus community, vendors, and employees; to stand and walk for extensive periods; to lift, transport, and stock merchandise weighing up to 50 lbs; to supervise and train merchandising personnel.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.