Under general supervision collects, compiles, edits and analyzes data according to standardized methods and procedures for statistical studies and presents results for final interpretation by others.
1. Performs data analysis as directed.
2. Codes and edits data for statistical analysis.
3. Assists in the design and preparation of data collection instruments; performs data collection through means such as file or record review, medical chart abstraction, interview, or review of surveys and reports.
4. Creates code books and writes data collection instructions.
5. Assists in the structuring of and maintains computerized databases including the receipt, inventory, data entry, organization, and quality control procedures of data collection instruments. Identifies and resolves data entry reporting discrepancies.
6. Assists in formulating data searches and data exchanges among micro-, mini- and mainframe-based computer applications.
7. Searches databases to generate standard and custom reports using a variety of computerized statistical applications such as SAS and SPSS-X, BMDP, Epi-Info or Systat; summarizes results.
8. Assists in the preparation of manuscripts, presentations, and proposals by presenting statistical information in formats such as tables, charts, or graphs.
9. May assist with conducting current literature searches and reviews; classifies references by study design.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in a related field.
EXPERIENCE: One year related experience.
Working knowledge of research methods and statistical techniques and procedures. Skill in the use of computers and a variety of software applications such as data bases, graphics, spreadsheets, and statistical packages for data management and analysis purposes. Ability to present statistical data in appropriate formats; to operate standard office equipment; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: