Under general supervision, is responsible for vulnerability/criticality assessments of campus facilities for the design, specification, procurement and construction of mechanical and electronic security systems, and for the coordination of all securitysystems maintenance.
1. Conducts activities to identify and evaluate the security needs and requirements or assigned campus buildings.
2. Prepares bid specifications for the installation of new and expanded mechanical and electronic security systems.
3. Reviews, tests, and evaluates new mechanical and electronic security products.
4. Tests electronic security systems as required.
5. Trains users to operate security systems assigned to their facility and provides training in crime prevention.
6. Develops operational security procedures.
7. Acts as Project Manager for the construction of security systems.
8. Acts as the security service manager for designated buildings.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree
EXPERIENCE: One year of progressively responsible work in crime prevention, security system design or evaluation.
Working knowledge of electronic security systems design, theories, trends, and product innovations. General knowledge of computer systems and their application to security systems. Ability to read and interpret basic electronic schmatics and architectural drawings. Ability to write complex specifications and reports and to make oralpresentations to solicit support, train or convey ideas. Ability to inspect and evaluate mechanical and electronic security systems.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Applicants may be required to submit to and successfully pass a comprehensive police background investigation.