The purpose of this Nonexempt Job Class is to comply with Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) regulations for positions that do not meet the Exempt FLSA salary test. That is, the position would have been Exempt, but is required to be Nonexempt because the weekly salary does not meet FLSA criteria established for the salary minimum threshold and/or the employee in the position will not be paid on a salary basis. Use of this job class is restricted to existing exempt positions only as determined by the institution, which cannot be accommodated in an existing exempt status job class due to FLSA regulations.
As required by the institution for an already established comparable Exempt Job Classification. Typically performs one or more of the following -
1. Coordinates activities and/or operations within a performing arts center or school.
2. Provides creative support for artistic presentations; provides training to students (i.e., in set, lighting design, and affiliated specialties)
3. Coordinates one or more functions in the design of institution publications.
4. Prepares news releases and photographs, newsletters, magazines, and other publications.
5. Creates original designs and executes artwork. Conceptualizes design layouts and final production of finished.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EXPERIENCE: As required in the comparable Exempt Status Job Classification. Typically a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent only (N''P''10), OR, a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent plus 2 years of related experience (N''P''12).
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
As required in the comparable Exempt Status Job Classification.