The purpose of this Nonexempt Job Class is to comply with Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) regulations for positions that do not meet the Exempt FLSA salary test. That is, the position would have been Exempt, but is required to be Nonexempt because the weekly salary does not meet FLSA criteria established for the salary minimum threshold and/or the employee in the position will not be paid on a salary basis. Use of this job class is restricted to existing exempt positions only as determined by the institution, which cannot be accommodated in an existing exempt status job class due to FLSA regulations.
1. Responsible for coordinating all aspects of an admin/academic project (or multiple small projects) from initiation to delivery.
2. Ensures targets are met on schedule and budget may develop preliminary program budgets.
3. Tracks deliverables and milestones, develops specialized projects and reports to obtain information and data useful to management in the decision-making process.
4. Organizes special events, promotional, and other activities. Coordinates registration processes; secures appropriate conference/workshop settings and arranges for auxiliary services.
5. Assists in the selection and design of workshops to be presented.
6. If assisting Development, organizes and oversees records relating to planned events (i.e., current and prospective donors, prospects for gifts, or others).
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EXPERIENCE: As required in the comparable Exempt Status Job Classification. Typically a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent only (N''P''10), OR, a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent plus 2 years of related experience (N''P''12).
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
As required in the comparable Exempt Status Job Classification.