Under general supervision, protects physical security of staff in a secured operation, the secured facility and the classified materials and equipment.
1. Limits access to secured property, secures and monitors entrances and exits to building, identifies and provides badges to visitors.
2. Maintains visual surveillance of secured property and uses closed circuit TV system.
3. Records all activities and notifies security management of any which could be detrimental to staff or property. Completes logs and reports.
4. Insures that all classified or sensitive materials and equipment being removed from secured property have appropriate documentation and protection. Conducts thorough security checks of each office and area to insure that classified or sensitive materials are properly stored and all terminals are logged off. Enforces the "clean desk" policy required by the DOD sponsor. Documents all findings and actions in an incident report for security management.
5. Provides security for movement of classified materials and equipment within the Washington,DC, College Park, MD and Fort Meade, MD geographical regions.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Must possess a stable work history with progressively responsible experience. Experience with the operation and use of CCTV, computerized alarm and access control systems. Previous experience working in a totally secure environment is preferred.
OTHER: See below for "Conditions of Employment".
Ability to follow oral and written instructions, ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, ability to complete basic reports, ability to learn and use laptop, desktop, and other specialized computer systems configured for security operations, ability to assist emergency response teams from supporting police and fire departments, ability to operate two-way communications devices, cell phones, and desk phones.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
U.S. Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain a TOP SECRET security clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation. Valid Maryland Non-commercial Class C or equivalent driver's license will be required.