Under direct supervision, performs entry level professional counseling duties in one or more of the major student counseling functions such as academic advising, financial aid, career counseling, and personal counseling as part of an institutionally defined self-directed team. Work involves a broad variety of specialized processes consistent with
a clearly defined team-based work environment and continuous quality improvement objectives.
1. Provides general advice and curriculum planning to aid students in
course selection, to assist in clarifying career and educational
goals, and to inform students of specific graduation and degree
2. Approves transfer credit evaluations as appropriate.
3. Performs routine counseling of students regarding eligibility for
and availability of financial aid. Assists in processing student
financial aid applications and awards. Verifies academic progress
and assists in preparation of reports.
4. Provides information to students on establishing career goals, on
job search strategies, and informs students of availability of
5. Provides detail information and interprets benefits policies for
Veterans Administration (VA) students.
6. Provides information about student eligibility for disabled
services and refers students as necessary.
7. Refers students to other departments or external parties as
appropriate to the needs indicated, i.e., personal counseling,
tutoring, drug/alcohol counseling.
8. Performs all duties of Team Associates as required.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
EXPERIENCE: One year of progressively responsible clerical work.
Thorough knowledge of team office practices, procedures and equipment; of business english, grammar, spelling, and punctuation. General knowledge of the principles of team leadership and office management. Skill in planning and coordinating team clerical w
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: