Provide professional and administrative support to campus or school events. Coordinate and manage day-to-day operations of events or meetings for program, department, school, or campus.
1. Generate proposals, contracts and other documents to secure business for all services related to an assigned event(s), such as facility, caterer, printers, or speakers. Negotiate terms and conditions of contracts with some latitude.
2. Coordinate strategic planning and assist in goal setting for special events. Assist in creation of novel approaches to building business such as special events, services or incentives. Assist in the development and implementation of event concepts and programming, including registration and logistics.
3. Coordinate all logistic aspects of event or meeting management, including scheduling, event theme, catering, and marketing. Assist in the production of informational items such as brochures, invitations, direct mail, and advertising to promote the University's facilities and services. Contact potential clients from leads generated.
4. Provides general professional and administrative duties to support events and troubleshooting issues that arise throughout the event. Assess outcomes and make appropriate recommendations.
5. Maintain database or other records of clients, potential clients and friends of the University.
6. Administer budget for assigned events.
7. May be responsible for facility logistic aspects of events or meetings, including set-up and tear down, seating arrangements, technical, and atmosphere.
8. May supervise staff and/or volunteers and ensures the efficient recruitment/ interviewing and training functions for maintaining highly involved and motivated employees.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: Bachelors in Communications, Marketing, or Business preferred, other degrees may be considered upon coursework review.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of experience in event or meeting management, fundraising or development, public or client relations. Consideration may be given for a unique combination of education and experience.
Ability to maintain high standards with the work being performed and maintain awareness with trends and influences. Assume personal responsibility for all outcomes; makes effective and timely decisions; and learns how to effectively use information technology word processing, spreadsheets, and databases, such as Microsoft Office. Maintain productivity and uses strategies to increase knowledge base. Skill in continuously seeking to improve the quality of services and processes. Skill in exercising initiative, resourcefulness, and sound judgement with an ability to solve problems and make decisions. Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects necessary to implementing a specific organizational program. Skill in continuously seeking to improve the quality of services and processes. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Writes and presents information in a clear and concise way. Interprets and understands written information and is able to listen attentively to verbal and non-verbal cues that lead to a deeper understanding. Ability to conduct simple negotiations and gain agreement from interested parties. Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrates professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others. Capable of interacting pleasantly and positively with other to meet customer expectations, and provide follow up with customers.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: