The purpose of this Nonexempt Job Class is to comply with Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) regulations for positions that do not meet the Exempt FLSA salary test. That is, the position would have been Exempt, but is required to be Nonexempt because the weekly salary does not meet FLSA criteria established for the salary minimum threshold and/or the employee in the position will not be paid on a salary basis. Use of this job class is restricted to existing exempt positions only as determined by the institution, which cannot be accommodated in an existing exempt status job class due to FLSA regulations.
1. Performs a variety of professional and administrative duties in support of the day to day operations of a function or program; executes the details of one or more programs; assists in program planning and development: interprets, monitors, and analyzes information regarding operating policies and procedures: administers budgets; uses independent judgment, and coordinates academic and/or staff personnel matters.
2. Administers business, financial, and/or human resources affairs of a department. Develops and prepares reports. Supervises analytical functions for complex projects.
3. Utilizes complex financial, human resources, and other information systems.
4. Performs professional accounting work of a complex nature. Responsible for maintaining, auditing, inspecting, and reporting complex financial records of the institution. Assists in the preparation of operational budgets.
5. Assists in the coordination of pre award and/or post award activities relating to grant and contract proposals.
6. Performs activities in various areas of human resources: screens resumes/applications, interviews applicants, counsels employees concerning HR related issues; maintains records for EEO/AAP reporting requirements. May assist in the formulation of personnel policies and procedures.
7. Within areas of accountability (finance, HR, other business function), ensures compliance with generally accepted principles in executing, analyzing, verifying, and reporting.
8. Serves as a project leader on special projects.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: As required in the comparable Exempt Status Job Classification. Typically a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent only (N''P''10), OR, a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent plus 2 years of related experience (N''P''12).
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
As required in the comparable Exempt Status Job Classification.