The purpose of this Nonexempt Job Class is to comply with Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) regulations for positions that do not meet the Exempt FLSA salary test. That is, the position would have been Exempt, but is required to be Nonexempt because the weekly salary does not meet FLSA criteria established for the salary minimum threshold and/or the employee in the position will not be paid on a salary basis. Use of this job class is restricted to existing exempt positions only as determined by the institution, which cannot be accommodated in an existing exempt status job class due to FLSA regulations.
1. Maximizes the use of technology. Knowledge of the area's subject matter with background in applications is required.
2. Recommends appropriate technological platforms within a functional area or within a discipline.
3. Provides technical and/or instructional support to administrative users
4. Monitors performance of system and network to insure they conform to specifications and ensure operational integrity. Assists in long and short range planning.
5. Handles the installation, repair, and preventive maintenance of personal computer and related systems. Performs installations, upgrades, and backups of software and hardware applications.
6. Troubleshoots technology problems; assists users.
7. Manages web presence. Sets policy, style, masters protocol input in conjunction with the web.
8. Coordinates production control support activities, monitors performance and initiates improvements and change in procedures.
9. Assists in management of and provides program testing and documentation accuracy.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EXPERIENCE: As required in the comparable Exempt Status Job Classification. Typically a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent only (N''P''10), OR, a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent plus 2 years of related experience (N''P''12).
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
As required in the comparable Exempt Status Job Classification.