The purpose of this Nonexempt Job Class is to comply with Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) regulations for positions that do not meet the Exempt FLSA salary test. That is, the position would have been Exempt, but is required to be Nonexempt because the weekly salary does not meet FLSA criteria established for the salary minimum threshold and/or the employee in the position will not be paid on a salary basis. Use of this job class is restricted to existing exempt positions only as determined by the institution, which cannot be accommodated in an existing exempt status job class due to FLSA regulations.
1. Advises students.
2. Recruits freshmen and transfer students from high schools and community colleges.
3. Makes presentations to student groups.
4. Counsels students and parents regarding the admissions process.
5. Supervises special tutors for students with language barriers or students requiring remedial education in math or English.
6. Maintains a liaison with academic deans and faculty. Advises and assists students in determining proficiency in college level courses.
7. Assists in the administration of the financial aid program. Provides personal and financial aid application counseling to students and parents.
8. Makes decisions to award funds to students eligible for scholarships, grants, and college work study. Audits and reconciles financial aid accounts and packaging financial aid awards.
9. Organizes student activities, which may include social clubs or organizations, student government, and/or other programs. Serves as liaison between student organizations and campus administrators. Provides assistance and guidance to student groups.
10. Encourages employers to recruit campus graduates. Coordinates production of job opportunities bulletin and refers students to prospective employers. Assists in the solicitation of cooperative jobs and scholarships from local and national firms and organizations.
11. Develops and/or delivers education and outreach classes for community groups, schools, and other constituencies.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EXPERIENCE: As required in the comparable Exempt Status Job Classification. Typically a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent only (N''P''10), OR, a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent plus 2 years of related experience (N''P''12).
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
As required in the comparable Exempt Status Job Classification.