Under general supervision, provides complex level support for clients in the use of hardware, software, and network services.
1. Diagnoses, resolves, and follows-through on complex problems. Determines impact of proposed solutions.
2. Conducts complex information technology courses in classroom setting.
3. Assists in the development of the training syllabus and instructional materials.
4. Assists clients with configuring and acquiring computer hardware and software systems.
5. Provides routine support for local area network(s).
6. Designs, develops, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex applications. Trains clients in the use of these applications.
7. Maintains and distributes software documentation, reference manuals, and training guides.
8. Provides guidance and instruction to others.
9. Assists in the installation, troubleshooting, testing, maintenance, and design of communication systems such as data, voice, video, and networks.
10. Performs standard preventive maintenance and performs repairs or arranges for the repair of computers and peripherals.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Three years with the types of hardware and software to be supported, two years of which included user support, user training, and/or programming.
Thorough knowledge of applicable computer hardware or software. Skill in operating supported computers and peripherals; in configuring computer hardware and software; to analytically design program logic or solve technical problems. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to work effectively with clients; to provide guidance and instruction to others.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: