Under general supervision, provides moderately complex support for clients in the use of hardware, software, and network services.
1. Diagnoses, resolves, and follows-through on problems. Determines
impact of proposed solutions.
2. Designs, writes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements routine
applications. Trains clients in the use of these applications.
3. Conducts moderately complex information technology courses in a
4. Installs software and hardware such as modems, workstations, and
5. Maintains and distributes software documentation, reference
manuals, and training guides.
6. Assists in the installation, troubleshooting, testing,
maintenance, and design of communications systems such as data,
voice, video, and networks.
7. Performs standard preventive maintenance and simple repairs or
arranges for the repair of computers and peripherals.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Two years with the types of hardware and software to be supported, one year of which included user support, user training, and/or programming.
General knowledge of two applicable software products; of applicable computers and peripherals. Skill in configuring computer hardware and software; to analytically design program logic or solve technical problems; in operating supported computers and peripherals. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to work
effectively with clients.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: