Under direct supervision, assists in anesthesia set-up, preparation, and clean-up for surgical procedures, and stocks and maintains supplies, equipment, and work areas.
1. Assists in setting up work areas and in positioning anesthesia equipment, patient monitoring devices, and apparatus such as anesthesia and IV trays, percutaneous inducer sets, and pulmonary fiber optic catheters.
2. Stocks and monitors anesthesia equipment, drugs, instruments, supplies, and disposables; orders, receives, and tracks inventories.
3. Cleans and sterilizes anesthesia equipment such as ventilators, bronchoscopes, and mass spectrometers according to established procedures; stores equipment between uses.
4. Performs simple routine preventive maintenance such as lubrication and calibration, and minor repairs or adjustments on assigned anesthesia equipment.
5. Maintains and updates repair, service, and scheduled maintenance records for anesthesia equipment and patient monitoring devices.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE: One years related experience
Basic knowledge of hospital operating room conduct and safety procedures. Skill in performing simple arithmetic calculations. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, to maintain simple records and logsheets, and to clearly and accurately identify and label supplies. Ability to transport and deliver materials and stock goods. Ability to lift over 50 pounds and to walk and stand at least 50% of the time. Ability to wear and work in personal protective equipment. Ability to perform applicable maintenance and sterilization procedures.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Candidates selected for employment may be subjected to medical inquiries and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job. Employees in this job class may be required to work with biohazardous or radio-labelled materials and to successfully complete applicable safety training.