Under direct supervision, performs support activities in a finishing/bindery operation such as folding, gluing, drilling, manual binding and hand work.
1. Performs activities to support the printing operation such as cutting stock for press runs, folding, finishing, inserting, trimming and wrapping printed materials.
2. Binds books, periodicals, pamphlets and other printed materials.
3. Checks printed materials to ensure quality standards and refers problems to supervisor.
4. Cleans, adjusts and makes minor repairs to finishing/bindery equipment.
5. Prepares and maintains production records.
6. Performs material handling activities such as moving supplies and cases of paper, loading and unloading books and other printed materials, and stocking shelves.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE: Two years related work experience.
Elementary knowledge of print services operations and equipment. Ability to perform finishing and bindery activities to include folding, drilling, manual binding, wrapping, gluing, and cutting; to lift, transport, and stock related supplies, paper stock, and printed materials; to operate and perform routine repairs to finishing and bindery equipment; to follow both oral and written instructions; to wear and work in personal protective equipment; to establish and maintain an effective work relationship; to perform routine repairs to finishing/bindery equipment.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.