Under general supervision, facilitates and coordinates the day-to-day operational activities of the campus housing and/or residence life programs.
1. Provides potential student residents and quests with information regarding housing accommodations on and off campus.
2. Coordinates and conducts tours of campus housing facilities.
3. Interviews prospective residents to determine needs and other information. Verifies each applicant`s status with appropriate school or department.
4. Determines room assignments and roommate matching.
5. Coordinates the leasing, check-in, and check-out process for residents.
6. Coordinates regular inspection and cleaning of residence halls and apartments. Ensures that maintenance request orders made by residents are completed.
7. Applies housing charges and refunds to student accounts. Collects and accounts for all payments related to housing accommodations.
8. Maintains a database of each resident`s housing assignment and billing status.
9. Manages the contracts and files on each student or guest resident.
10. Compiles, prepares, and analyzes statistical report related to student housing such as occupancy and billing status.
11. Maintains contact with the institutional police or security officer to activate or terminate security access.
12. Compiles listings of other rental properties available off campus.
13. Provides general office support services such as answering phones, greeting visitors, typing, mailing, ordering supplies, and processing payments.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Three years experience in student housing, residence life, or directly related field.
Comprehensive knowledge and skill in the practical application of office practices, procedures, and equipment. General knowledge of bookkeeping principles and accounting standards. General knowledge of and skill in the use of word processing, database, and spreadsheet software programs. Skill in compiling and summarizing information. Ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion and tact. Ability to project a professional and positive image. Ability to interact with students, staff, and other university employees in a courteous and efficient matter. Ability to communicate effectively orally and inwriting. Ability to operate computers and other office equipment.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: