Under direct supervision, performs a variety of routine technical accounting and/or auditing work which requires the application of accounting theory and practices.
1. Performs entry level professional accounting work such as performing and reviewing reconciliations, trial balances, journal entries, preparing working papers, schedules and reports.
2. Examines a variety of accounting documents to verify accuracy of computations.
3. Ensures that transactions are in accordance with applicable authority, policies, procedures, and are recorded consistent with acceptable accounting standards.
4. Provides assistance to support staff to demonstrate or explain procedures.
5. Prepares accounting reports utilizing manual methods and/or computer software.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in accounting or related field with a minimum of nine (9) credits in Accounting.
Working knowledge of and ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Ability to apply basic analytical skills; to operate manual and automated office equipment, personal computers and financial software to input data; to communicateeffectively both orally and in writing; to prepare and present working papers and supporting documentation.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: