Under direct supervision, performs entry level professional duties in one or more major areas of the Human Resources function to include areas such as employment, classification, compensation, benefits, payroll, employee relations, equal employment opportunity/affirmative action, training, and human resources information systems. Ensures confidentiality of information. Depending on assigned area(s), follows standard operating procedures in performing one or more of the following duties.
1. Researches and prepares data for reports, salary studies,
affirmative action investigations and/or job analysis. Reviews
and processes payroll records and reports.
2. Reviews position descriptions to ensure currency and accuracy.
Revises or prepares position descriptions for existing or newly
3. Responds to local and national wage and salary surveys, providing
information on institution`s compensation programs.
4. Receives and screens employment applications, conducts employment
interviews, reviews certification of employment eligibility,
applications, and performs reference and background checks.
5. Conducts exit, grievance, and/or affirmative action interviews.
Assists with employee counseling.
6. Performs benefits orientation and assists employees in resolving
specific benefits problems.
7. Assists in the development, analysis, and evaluation or training
8. Assists in the implementation of human resources programs and
9. Operates manual and automated systems and equipment, computers,
and related software to facilitate work assignments.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in Human Resources Management or a related area
EXPERIENCE: One year related work experience.
Working knowledge of human resources policies, practices, and procedures. Ability to interpret and apply human resources policies, practices, and procedures; to organize data and present clear, concise reports; to conduct interviews; to analyze jobs and job requirements for recruitment, selection, classification, and training; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to use automated systems, computers, and related software to facilitate assigned work; to maintain poise and courtesy under pressure; to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and tact.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: