Under general supervision, provides technical and non-technical skills to
support medical simulation based training.
1. Prepares, integrates, and provides support for the high and low fidelity
simulation trainers and associated equipment.
2. Prepares and maintains equipment, media, computers, and materials related
to simulation learning with support as needed.
3. Assists in role playing applications, props placement, and moulage for
simulation based training.
4. Operates the mannequins, equipment, media, and computers for simulations
under guidance of senior staff.
5. Supports other simulation sessions, trainings, tours, and events for internal
and external groups and/or individuals.
6. Serves as a resource and assists with training instructors and staff in the use
of simulation equipment under the direction of the immediate supervisor.
7. Assists senior staff with the purchasing and maintenance of inventory of
supplies and equipment for simulation.
8. Collaborates with senior staff for maintenance and repair of simulation
equipment and documents actions taken.
9. Creates and maintains simulation operation manuals and guides in conjunction
with senior staff so that technical information can be understood by others
with less expertise.
10. Keeps abreast with new developments in simulation technology.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: Associates Degree in related field.
EXPERIENCE: : One year of experience with hardware and software support which includes
user support, user training, and/or programming.
Working knowledge of applicable computer hardware or software applications
and systems. Ability to solve technical problems. Skill in operating supported
computers and peripherals. Ability to lift and transport computer equipment and
supplies. Ability to work in, on, around, over and under fixed equipment
and machinery. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
to provide guidance and instruction to others; good customer service skills.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries
and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.