Under limited supervision, is responsible for work requiring specialized knowledge, or for the efficient operation of a program or unit. May supervise or coordinate the work of others to accomplish daily operations.
1. Performs a full range of clerical to paraprofessional duties related to the day-to-day operations of a program or office, or supervises an operational unit. Suggests, recommends, and implements new or revised procedures, practices or changes to the organization.
2. Follows established guidelines to collect, compile, and organize data for various ongoing studies or plans. May prepare statistical tables and charts.
3. Prepares draft reports, recommendations, and other information resources for use by the organizational unit or its management. Assists in preparation of final reports.
4. Gathers data for use in formulation of the organization`s budgets, grant proposals, and project proposals.
5. Advises the program head and administrative officials regarding policies, trends, and interpretation of data and program needs.
6. Interacts with internal and external customers of the university. Handles sensitive and confidential information with tact and discretion.
7. Remains current with and maximizes the use of technology for efficient processing, generation of reports, and the like.
8. May supervise clerical personnel.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
EXPERIENCE: Four years experience in administrative staff work.
Working knowledge of reference and research methods and techniques used in collecting, compiling, and organizing data and information, working knowledge of analytical and statistical principles and techniques. Skill in the use of office automation software and its applications, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, to handle sensitive materials with discretion and tact, to present ideas and information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; to perform mathematical computations; to present statistical material in chart and graph form. Ability to independently handle multiple tasks and set priorities.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: