USM Career Opportunities
Assistant Director, Maryland Education Enterprise Consortium (MEEC) (800155)
Please Note: The University System of Maryland Office (USMO) has made the safety of our staff and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, all staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective employee at the USMO, you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination before the start of employment or be granted a request for a medical or religious exemption.
Purpose of Position
To market and enhance MEEC’s brand through managing member and vendor relations, developing technology and service strategies, providing expertise and negotiation skills in procurement efforts, and supporting the Executive Director in the execution of webinars, workshops, and in-person events.
- Member Collaboration & Relations: Interfaces and collaborates with all MEEC membership and leads in the identification of potential new contract opportunities. Works to increase usership of all contracts.
- Marketing: Communicates and markets MEEC’s brand by managing the content of MEEC’s website, newsletter, and LinkedIn page. Proposes technical strategies to enhance MEEC operations and visibility.
- Information Technology Trend Awareness and Strategy: Develops strategies and provides strategic sourcing, data gathering, and analysis relative to serving MEEC members and vendors.
- Event Management: Supports the Executive Director in the execution of webinars, workshops, Roadshows, Annual MEEC Member Conference and Vendor Showcase.
- Vendor Relations: Negotiates with vendors and resolves contract disputes. Analyzes equity among vendors and MEEC spend across contracts.
- Procurement: Provides consultation to MEEC’s Procurement Officer and Request for Proposal team and facilitates discussion groups as needed. Serves as evaluation team lead and/or an escalation point as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, IT, Public Relations, or related field.
Experience: Three to five years’ experience in education, public sector management, or a non-profit organization. Experience in IT-related areas.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a broad knowledge of information technology (IT).
- Must have insights into technology options to improve operations and visibility and be able to bring a vision of advanced technology to an office environment.
- Able to manage complex operations.
- Must have strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral & written communication skills.
- Able to maintain poise, function independently, effectively manage time, meet deadlines, and multitask.
- Skilled in using Microsoft, Adobe, and other technology tools.
- Able to troubleshoot basic IT issues.
Education: Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, IT, Public Relations, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Web design and website maintenance skills.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Benefits: Includes full medical, dental and vision benefits, tuition remission at any of the 12 USM institutions, and a generous leave plan.
Application Instructions: Please combine your cover letter, resume and list of references (at least three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and send to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University System of Maryland is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
employer without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, physical or
mental disability unrelated to an individual's ability to perform the job, in accordance
with applicable law. As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, applicants should be prepared
to present acceptable documentation showing their identities, their U.S. citizenship or alien status,
and their authorization to work in the United States.
<< Return to USMO Career Opportunities