USM Career Opportunities
Program Assistant for the Maryland Center of Computing Education (800073)
Please Note: The University System of Maryland Office (USMO) has made the safety of our staff and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, all staff are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID.
- Posted: 4/22/2022
- Best Consideration Date: 5/13/2022
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Department: Academic Affairs
- Location: Adelphi
Purpose of Position
Provides program support, including information collection and analysis, event management, and administrative support, for the Maryland Center for Computing Education within the University System of Maryland’s Office of Academic and Student Affairs. This is a Contingent II contract position; contract will be for 1 year with the potential for renewal.
Information/Data Organization and Analysis:
- Collects, compiles, and organizes data pertinent to MCCE projects. Analyzes, summarizes, and communicates this information to appropriate officials.
- Assists in the preparation of annual and financial reports, recommendations, and other information resources for the improvement of MCCE and its programs.
- Tracks grant and program budgets and timelines.
- Manages the implementation of MCCE workshops and other activities designed for Maryland K-12 districts, administrators, committee members, facilitators, higher education faculty, and collaborators.
- Arranges online or in-person venue, set up registration, communicate with participants, coordinate any resources needed.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of new or revised programs, procedures, practices and organization.
- Organizes calendars and schedules events.
- Periodically updates social media accounts and websites.
Education: Associate’s degree.
Experience: Two years’ experience in administrative staff work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skill in the use of project organization software.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office and Google Drive filing systems, documents, spreadsheets, and linked resources.
- Knowledge of reference and research methods and techniques used in collecting, compiling, and organizing data and information.
- Knowledge of basic methods and techniques used in organizing and conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, and organizations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; to present ideas and information clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; to perform mathematical computations; and to present statistical material in chart and graph form.
- Ability to plan and support in-person and online events.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience: Three or more years’ experience with administrative staff work. Experience in an education setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Comfort with using a variety of online tools including basic web page updates, time tracking software, and registration software.
Classification: Contingent II
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Benefits: Paid leave, health and life insurance benefits, tax-deferred supplemental retirement plans, employee assistance program, and option to telework part of the week.
Application Instructions: Please combine your cover letter, resume and list of references (at least three professional references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and send to the following email address: email@example.com.
The University System of Maryland is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
employer without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, physical or
mental disability unrelated to an individual's ability to perform the job, in accordance
with applicable law. As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, applicants should be prepared
to present acceptable documentation showing their identities, their U.S. citizenship or alien status,
and their authorization to work in the United States.
<< Return to USMO Career Opportunities